What we do
The Abington Clinic offers a range of physiotherapy treatments to promote, maintain and restore the physical movements of muscles, joints and limbs. At our specialist physiotherapy clinic in Northampton, we have the expertise and commitment to restore balance and facilitate the body’s own healing responses.
At The Abington Clinic, we review and treat every patient on an individual basis in order to help overcome and correct the problem areas quickly and effectively, so that we can restore you to optimal heath and help prevent further mobility problems.
What we treat
As professional physiotherapists, we believe that in order to make you more active and improve your body’s functionality and mobility, we need to understand and take into account any psychological, cultural and social factors which affect your successful rehabilitation.
Our physiotherapists are able to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Back and neck pain
- Sports or exercise injuries
- Muscle tears and sprains
- Ankle and knee injuries/problems
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Shin splints
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- Disc prolapses
- Postural problems and pain
- Work related injury or pain
- Women’s health
- stress incontinence
- pre and post-natal care
- pelvic floor muscle strengthening
At our specialist physiotherapy clinic, our physiotherapists use a range of techniques and approaches to treat you, these include:
- Massage and manipulation – this involves a programme of massage, the form and firmness of which will be tailored to meet your specific needs. This treatment will ease tension in the muscles and joints, improve circulation and blood flow which can improve movement of different parts of your body, relieve pain and help you relax.
- Movement and exercise – this involves the use of a targeted and tailored exercise and stretching programme over a period of weeks or months to improve flexibility and reduce stiffness. This treatment will gradually start to strengthen your body and improve your overall mobility.
- Electrotherapy – use of low dosage, non-painful energy based therapies to stimulate the nerve activity to decrease muscle pain, aid muscle repair and regeneration and promote healing.
At The Abington Clinic we are also able to offer a range of additional alternative health interventions, which work in harmony with our traditional physiotherapy treatments. So our therapists are also able to offer the following therapies to aid you on the road to full recovery.
- Acupuncture (hyperlink to complementary therapies/acupuncture page)
- Alexander technique
What you can expect after your physiotherapy treatment?
After your physiotherapy treatment at The Abington Clinic, you can expect to feel much better, stronger and in most cases completely healed and normal body functionality completely restored. Plus, as part of your treatment we use our specialist expertise and training to help and advise you on how to recognise and prevent similar type injuries in the future.
Who will treat you?
- Sarah Slater
- Sophie Reed
- Francine Diffley
Physiotherapy treatment prices – £40 / £40
As we deal with people and their injuries on an individual basis, no course of treatment or therapy is ever the same. As a result, prices can vary depending upon the nature of your injury and the course of treatment or therapy that is followed.
Once we have had an opportunity to assess and review your case and before beginning any treatment, we will always advise you of the type of costs that you can expect. Only when you are 100% happy will we start to treat your injury and then manage your successful recovery and rehabilitation.
Making a physiotherapy appointment
To make an appointment call 01604 451200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy website www.csp.org.uk